Thursday, December 3, 2009

College Help... please.?

Right now I am about to start deciding on what colleges I would like to attend and my question is will I be able to get in to a Big 10 University such as Madison or Minnesota with these characteristics:



I live in Minnesota. (makes it hard to get into Madison)



Right now i have a GPA of 3.87 (unweighted).



I only got a 24 on the ACT's



I have taken:



. AP Calc



. AP Euro



.Honors Chem



Planning on taking:



.Spanish 5 + 6



.AP Stats



. Honors Physics



I play:



. Varsity Football (Fall)



. Varsity Baseball (Spring %26amp; Summer)



. Rec. Basketball (Winter)



I work at:



. Best buy in the winter



. Mowing job in the summer



I am wanting to apply to the colleges of engineering.



Will I be a competitive candidate??? If not what should I do.



And will applying ASAP help me?



College Help... please.?nba rumors





when it comes to your classes taken and gpa..i don't think you have anything to worry about. varsity sports stand out very nicely...don't worry about that. jobs are good...



my advice is make sure you make good contacts with teachers and counselours...you'll probably need reccomondations for your applications. when i say good contacts, it doesn't necessarily mean getting all A's in your gym class. your ap calc teacher will look more reputable than your phs ed teacher. prove to these people that you possess good character and you're different than the average student.



also-volunteer work. find somewhere and get a good amount of hours in. advice-find something you'll like going to so you aren't miserable at the job and you don't have the urge to quit. summer time is a good time to put in these hours, since it seems you'll be pretty stressed as is during the school years.



ps- if you're not happy with your act, take it again!



build a good resume! but please, the biggest piece of advice is to not lose yourself while trying to "create" yourself on paper. not worth it, take it from experience :)



you can be happy no matter where you go to school. don't kill yourself trying to get into yale!



College Help... please.?nba salaries ,nba teams



You should have no problem getting into UW-Madison. I did my undergraduate and am doing my MBA there. There are also a lot of Minnesota people who go to UW-MAdison and we have an excellent top rated Engineering program.



If you really want to go to UW, I suggest applying now rather than later. I got in with a 29 on my ACT and a 3.2 Cumulative GPA. Are you apart of any clubs or organizations at school? You should try joining and preferably taking on an executive position(President,VP,Secretary,etc)...m... school look at your involvement in school outside of sports and academics. They want to see a well-rounded individual.
damn...i kno alot of people who got into an ivy leaguecollegewith a lot less. u'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
metal necklace